Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Tutorial for new developer...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm an experieced .NET programmer. I wonder how I can start developing my own plugins in Archicad.

All tips are welcomed!
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Graphisoft Developer Center seems to be a good starting point:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
🙂 Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
d00_ape wrote:
Hi.

I'm an experieced .NET programmer. I wonder how I can start developing my own plugins in Archicad.

All tips are welcomed!
*bump*

Is it possible to use Visual Studio 2005 and C# to develop my own plugin?
I have only found examples using c++...
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
jmi wrote:
Is it possible to use Visual Studio 2005 and C# to develop my own plugin?
I have only found examples using c++...
No, it's C/C++ only. You can try to use VS 2005, but ArchiCAD is compiled with 2003, so the different runtime libraries may cause conflicts.

HTH,

Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone know if it is possible to develop ArchiCadAddOn with Visual Studio 2005

I got the following error:

Error 2 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Compiling the RC2 file..." ...
stefan
Expert
I think it is quite clear that you need to use VC2003 and not 2005.

The compiler for ArchiCAD is 2003 and libraries that are linked need to be compiled with the same compiler, so that makes it impossible to use VC2005.

AFAIK, there is no workaround, unless you create a wrapper add-on with 2003 and load an external library which was created with VC2005 (it that is possible at all).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
GAG
Advocate
There is no real problem to compile ArchiCAD add-on examples using VS 2005.
You just need to verify or configure external tools like Graphisoft Resource Compiler. You can compile resources before whole project compiling and linking to verify that there is no problem with Resource Converter.

GRC files are configured to be compiled using external tool (grc), so verify it at first.
When you open project (solution) check Resource Files project virtual subfolder: there must be .rc2 and .grc files. Right click on them and say 'Compile', you'll see in log that files compiled ok. If not - check custom build tools in project properties.

How to verify that Graphisoft Resource Compiler is configured OK:
Right click on .grc file in VS project list, choose 'Properties', you'll see Custom Build Step option. Check Command Line field, it must contain correct path to Resource Converter like this: "..\..\Support\Tools\Win\ResConv.exe". Check if ResConv.exe is available on the path specified. Command line for ResConv looks like this:
"..\..\Support\Tools\Win\ResConv.exe" -m r -D WINDOWS -T W -q utf8 1252 -i Res\ResourceFileName.grc -o Release\ResourceFileName.grc.rc2
Then you just select resource file in list and using Rich-Click menu say 'Compile', if all is ok, you'll see something like this in the log:
1>Compiling the localized GRC file...
1>Build log was saved at "...\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Project - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
I compile C examples from DevKit10 using VS 2005 with no troubles.
George