Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

UI_PICT_Button and email

Nader Belal
Mentor

Hi everyone,

GDL has UI_BUTTON function that enables the library part to do certain functions, by selecting the "Type" of function we want. Same goes with UI_PICT_BUTTON (with the obvious differences).

And from the different "Type"s available, is UI_LINK, which if used and pressed by the user "the URL in expression is opened in the default web browser" (copied from GDL Manual).

How to make a UI_BUTTON if pressed it will open a new email with the desired email address to be sent ?

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor

I use this routine:

str_version = "0.23"
UI_BUTTON UI_LINK, "Support Request", 340, dy - 5, 100, 25 , 1 , \
"mailto:js@xyz.de?subject=Support request for bp_fallrohr_22 " + str_version + "&body=Hello Joachim, %0A%0A" UI_TOOLTIP "send support request"

Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor

I use this routine:

str_version = "0.23"
UI_BUTTON UI_LINK, "Support Request", 340, dy - 5, 100, 25 , 1 , \
"mailto:js@xyz.de?subject=Support request for bp_fallrohr_22 " + str_version + "&body=Hello Joachim, %0A%0A" UI_TOOLTIP "send support request"

Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Nader Belal
Mentor

Thank @Joachim Suehlo , it worked as a sharm 

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!