BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Unresolved external Symbol: ProfileVectorImage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

I am currently working on the Archicad development and have taken the "Element_Test" example project as a template. With time I put some of my own functions on it and experimented with it.

Now I updated the SDK to version 22 (from version 21). I've updated everything so far (I think), but now I get a message that I can't do anything with:

LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl ProfileVectorImage::~ProfileVectorImage(void)" (__imp_??1ProfileVectorImage@@QEAA@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl GS::KillObject<class ProfileVectorImage>(class ProfileVectorImage * &)" (??$KillObject@VProfileVectorImage@@@GS@@YAXAEAPEAVProfileVectorImage@@@Z) Element_Test C:\ArchiCAD21_Sandbox\Sandbox\Element_Test\ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib.obj) 1	
What error LNK2019 means is roughly clear to me, but I don't know where the source of the call is. Does anyone have an idea what I might be looking for?

Best Regards

Patrick
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Patrick,

you have to link your Add-On with VectorImageImp.lib.
Simply add it to your project. You can do that easily by adding the following lines to your .vcxproj project file in a text editor:
    <Library Include="..\..\Support\Modules\VectorImage\Win\VectorImageImp.lib">
      <FileType>Document</FileType>
    </Library>
Regards,
Tibor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Patrick,

you have to link your Add-On with VectorImageImp.lib.
Simply add it to your project. You can do that easily by adding the following lines to your .vcxproj project file in a text editor:
    <Library Include="..\..\Support\Modules\VectorImage\Win\VectorImageImp.lib">
      <FileType>Document</FileType>
    </Library>
Regards,
Tibor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Tibor, fixed my problem
Learn and get certified!