GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Use GLOB_STRUCTURE_DISPLAY with WALL_SKINS_PARAMS

Arnaut_2604
Booster

Hi there,
I working on a wallclosure for a window with WALL_SKINS_PARAMS which so far works pretty well, the only issue is that I doesn't react to the GLOB_STRUCTURE_DISPLAY setting.
As far as I found there isn't a Parameter in WALL_SKINS_PARAMS which defines whether the layer is Core/Finish/other.

Can this be requested somehow?

10 REPLIES 10
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor

Manual says:

• [6] core status

core status: 0 - not part, 1 - part, 3 - last core skin.
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
runxel
Legend

Within WALL_SKINS_PARAMS[6] there is, but you can not differ between "Finish" and "Other", just if Core or not.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

This one behaved weirdly when I tested it.

We use the with/without finish to toggle between seeing different layers of Plasterboard for Detail drawings.
So the Finish is the thinnest possible layer in the middle or two Plasterboard layers.

Wall with Finish.JPGWall without Finish.JPG
It seems WALL_SKINS_PARAMS[6] returns only 0 (Finish) if the finish is on an outside layer, which makes sense i guess.

Joachim Suehlo
Advisor

Did you check the ac_wall_direction_type, which changes the order from the walls skins in the opposite direction?

Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de

Could you please explain a bit about ac_wall_direction_type?

wall direction type; the construction method of the wall, which means the adjustment of the wall body and the reference line: 0 - Right, 1 - Left, 2 - Center (Right), 3 - Center (Left).
Center values mean that the wall is set to 'Center' in the user interface, but the side notation shows how the wall acts internally.

AC27 on window 11

As far as I understand it flips the order of the wall skins.

So if you have a window which is facing left and you flip the wall, the window is still facing left but the order of the skins which you get with WALL_SKINS_PARAMS[] get's flipped with the wall.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

reorder = (AC_Wall_Direction_Type <> 1 & AC_Wall_Direction_Type <> 3)

Combining this with your words, can I interpret that 2 and 4 do not change the order of the walls, but 1 and 3 do change the order of the walls?

AC27 on window 11

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I just now that this: 

Arnaut_2604_0-1680518399253.png

Flips the order in WALL_SKINS_PARAMS[].
And with the basic scripts of windoworientation and then trying to go either from 1 to wall_skins_number or the otherway worked for me.

There is also

WALL_SKINS_PARAMS[][15] finish skin status: 0 - not finish skin, 1 - finish skin.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest