BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Visual Feedback in 3D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have an addon that is creating a large number of elements, and I wanted to be able to view the elements being created in the 3D view.

My addon can be used while on the 3D view, but there is no elements being created. They only appear when the program finishes.

Anyone know how to view the creation of elements in ArchiCAD in the 3D view while the addon is working?

Update:

Found a solution, using ACAPI_Database(APIDb_RebuildCurrentDatabaseID)
after the creation of each element, the interface updates, showing the created elements.

Best Regards,
Xylios
1 REPLY 1
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Xylios wrote:
Hello,

I have an addon that is creating a large number of elements, and I wanted to be able to view the elements being created in the 3D view.

My addon can be used while on the 3D view, but there is no elements being created. They only appear when the program finishes.

Anyone know how to view the creation of elements in ArchiCAD in the 3D view while the addon is working?

Update:

Found a solution, using ACAPI_Database(APIDb_RebuildCurrentDatabaseID)
after the creation of each element, the interface updates, showing the created elements.

Best Regards,
Xylios
The reason why that's happening is that you don't give any time to ARCHICAD when you create the elements. Calling rebuild regularly surely kills ARCHICAD's performance, so be careful with that. It's much better if you put up a progress window, that enables ARCHICAD to do some processing of the new elements.

Best, Ákos
Learn and get certified!