GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Where can I download ARCHICAD'S tools icons ??

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi everyone,

I know that the question may not for this forum, but I will use it for the object's UI I´m going to deliver.
I need to download Archicad's standard tool icons, and no, I´m not talking about those used in Archicad object library, I´m talking about these:
Can you tell me where I can download them ?

Annotation 2019-04-09 043514.png

Annotation 2019-04-09 043546.png
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

If you are a registered ARCHICAD API Developer (registration is free at http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com), then you can download the API Development Kit which contains the DG_Text example Add-On. You can find each element type icons in SVG format (small and large icons also) inside DG_Test/RFIX/Images folder.
Please read this blog post for further informations: http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/archicad-gui-icon-style-guide

Regards,
Tibor

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Barry Kelly
These would be embedded in the Archicad program itself.
I am guessing the best you will get it to do a screen capture.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi Barry,

That was a possibility I had, but I prefer he real stuff since I will have to re-scale to be bigger in size, and that tends to reduce graphical quality.

By the way, I have found this on Behance
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Moonlight wrote:
By the way, I have found this on Behance

I think that was put on the web by the graphics designer who GRAPHISOFT contracted when the new ARCHICAD UI was designed. It is his reference work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
As Barry said, all icons are embedded in the program itself. Extracting them is a question for the Developer forum, vs this Library forum. The actual resources are there, but accessible only by those who know something about the developer tools. The resolutions usable for a GDL object's UI are quite different from the scaleable icons for an app.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Karl Ottenstein

I´m aware that programming those icons in ArchiCAD is something totally different (on the programming level) from those used by GDL, but graphical designers usually use Vector Graphics Design tools (for example: Adobe Illustrators & similar) to provide the graphic for the program.

I will ask the developer forum for those files
Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi everyone,

I need to know where can I download ArchiCAD's standard tool icons in their original vector format, and no, I´m not talking about those used in ArchiCAD object library, I´m talking about these:
Solution
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

If you are a registered ARCHICAD API Developer (registration is free at http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com), then you can download the API Development Kit which contains the DG_Text example Add-On. You can find each element type icons in SVG format (small and large icons also) inside DG_Test/RFIX/Images folder.
Please read this blog post for further informations: http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/archicad-gui-icon-style-guide

Regards,
Tibor
Nader Belal
Mentor
Thank you Tibor

Hi,

When i try to register as a developer i cant get trough the questionary becaouse of an error in the webpage. does anyone managed to download all icons? im spetially interested in the Document icons.

David.