GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Where can i see output from the GDL "PRINT" statement?

BenjiDev
Enthusiast

Hello,

According to this page: https://gdl.Graphisoft.com/reference-guide/output-in-an-alert-box-or-report-window 

When you call PRINT "some text" the output should be seen in a dialog box or the report window:

Writes all of its arguments in a dialog box or the Report Window, depending on Work Environment (see the section called “GDL warnings”).

When I am calling PRINT "some text" there is no dialog box showing and going to the report window (File->Info->Session report) nothing is printed. The text i quoted above is referring to a section called "GDL Warnings", but that link seems to be broken. And going to Options->Work Environment->Work Environment I cannot find "Enable PRINT - statements" or similar.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor

You can set something in the work environment. Attached is a screenshot of the German version. This settings activates the dialog box (AC 25) in the gdl editor.

report.png

Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

I have also noticed this. I would be interested to know if there is a reason why it has changed?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor

You can set something in the work environment. Attached is a screenshot of the German version. This settings activates the dialog box (AC 25) in the gdl editor.

report.png

Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de