BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Where to start?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all
- is it possible to open ArchiCAD plan on my window?
- is there some example (of EXE file) which use ArchiCAD ? Have downloaded Development Kit and Basic Library, but there is no EXE or DLL's.
- is there some Activex control ?

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jperic022 wrote:
- is it possible to open ArchiCAD plan on my window
Can you describe what you want to do in more detail? Perhaps outline the context in which this would be used.
jperic022 wrote:
- is there some example (of EXE file) which use ArchiCAD ? Have downloaded Development Kit and Basic Library, but there is no EXE or DLL's.
The devkit comes with a whole batch of examples - take a look in the Examples folder.
jperic022 wrote:
No. ArchiCAD development is cross-platform, and ActiveX is proprietary technology (MS-only).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
jperic022 wrote:
- is it possible to open ArchiCAD plan on my window
Can you describe what you want to do in more detail? Perhaps outline the context in which this would be used.
jperic022 wrote:
The devkit comes with a whole batch of examples - take a look in the Examples folder.
jperic022 wrote:
No. ArchiCAD development is cross-platform, and ActiveX is proprietary technology (MS-only).
Hi
looks like API is not designed for things I need, but for work inside ArchiCAD.
Can someone tell me, is there some VB example how to connect to PLA file (with ODBC) and read some data from some table (WALLS, for example)?
In Windows XP, can not create ODBC connection (ODBC window disappear, and in Vista ODBC window display, but can not connect to the PLA file.

Thank you
Learn and get certified!