Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wish: more Application Request "LIBRARY_MANAGER" commands

s_p_b
Booster

I noticed that the 'Picture 24' library object has a string parameter input which also provides a nice list of all the images loaded into the user's library. According to this forum post, the parameter gs_picture_name has its values populated through the following application query:

bCustomPicFileExist = APPLICATION_QUERY (“LIBRARY_MANAGER”, “USER_IMAGE_FILES”, stCustomPicFiles)

There's another query that filters for IES files too. It would be great if this extension could offer methods of filtering for other file types, especially objects, by name, folder, or subtype. This would make it possible to set a range of values on a string parameter, with which you could then call a macro. The motivation for me, is that I'm finding Custom Comp Collections to be too limiting (and sporadically unreliable)  - since the auto-generated code for calling the macros won't transfer or return any parameters, the called macro objects end up being entirely static. Our office can get by with just manually copy-pasting the object name, but it would be much better to be able to just move an object into a folder, or save it under a sub-type, and immediately have it populate a values list.

1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the idea, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-9227)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT