GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

World Coordinate object issue

strangeday
Booster
Hello everyone, using the world coordinate object I'm encountering a little problem(or limitation of the object itself), I'm unable to show more than 2 decimal after seconds(even if I set 4 decimal in project origin), I try to change working unit and tollerance, but nothing changes, do you think there may be a way to overcome this problem??

Thank you in advance
ps. added a screenshot to be more explicative
AC 6.5-26 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
strangeday wrote:
do you think there may be a way to overcome this problem??
Unfortunately this object doesn't have this option.
Your alternative is to edit it and change some code.
If you are confident with GDL code, the workflow is:
1. Find in your AC24 Library a Macro called "coordinateDim_m";
2. Open it and go to the 2D script and replace:
This 2 lines:
	text_x_coor = LONG_LETTER + " " + STR(LONG_DEGREE,1,0) + "° " + STR(LONG_MINUTE,1,0) + "' " + STR(LONG_SECOND,3,2) + "''"
	text_y_coor = LAT_LETTER  + " " + STR(LAT_DEGREE, 1,0) + "° " + STR(LAT_MINUTE, 1,0) + "' " + STR(LAT_SECOND, 3,2) + "''"
With:
	text_x_coor = LONG_LETTER + " " + STR(LONG_DEGREE,1,0) + "° " + STR(LONG_MINUTE,1,0) + "' " + STR(LONG_SECOND,5,4) + "''"
	text_y_coor = LAT_LETTER  + " " + STR(LAT_DEGREE, 1,0) + "° " + STR(LAT_MINUTE, 1,0) + "' " + STR(LAT_SECOND, 5,4) + "''"
I think this will do the trick.
Cheers,
strangeday
Booster
Hello Mr. Braza..... ......I have no words to thank you!!!...your suggestion saved me a lot of time!

Thank you again
Francesco
AC 6.5-26 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome Francesco.
Cheers,
Anarchiteckt
Contributor
Helle Brazza

I follow your instruction.
I could find the Macro and replace the GDL code.

[list=]

• BUT it´s still a problem. I don't have the right to save the change.The Macro is just "read only"

[list=]
  • For your information is the library on a bimcloud basic.
    How is the procedure to unlock this macro?

Best Regard

Gwen
    Gwenael Tripodi, Architect | BIM Manager
    AC 8.1-26
    MacOS Big Sur | 3,8 GHz i7 8Core | 24GB | AMD 5500 XT
    Anonymous
    Not applicable
    Hi Gwen,
    It looks like your library is compacted in a .lcf file. If it is the case, then you will have to extract all the content of the library to a dedicated folder and finally get access and edit the "coordinateDim_m" macro.
    Hope this helps.