GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Zoom-dependent hotspot cross

Bruce
Expert
Does anyone know how to achieve that little cross in the zone stamp that always stays the same pixel size, regardless of zoom? I've looked through the code of zone_stamp_macro and can't find anything that seems like it would do this.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The display of the hotspot is dependent on which Construction Method you use to place the Zone.
When using any of the Manual methods (Polygonal, Rectangle, Rotated Rectangle), the hotspot is not displayed.
It is only displayed when using the "Inner Edge" or "Reference Line" Construction Methods, which are both methods that automatically detect zone boundaries around the clicked point.
The hotspot marks where you clicked when using automatic methods. When using Manual methods, there is no need for such input (since you are manually drafting the Zone boundary polygon), so there is nothing to display.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pertti Paasky
Advocate
Hi Bruce
That cross can be moved by mouse, it tells the program in which room the zone stamp is allocated. I have not found any GDL code for that.
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Probably part of the Zone Tool itself, rather than the Zone Stamp...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
As mentioned it is the anchor point for the zone and is not something programmed in GDL.
I think you will find it is controlled by the actual zone tool (Archicad).

The best you can do (I think) is a regular hotspot.
It would be great if you could add a HOTLINE2 and see it (but not print of course) - but unfortunately they are invisible - except to the mouse cursor.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
The confusion for me is that I'm creating my own zone stamp. It is the same subtype as the GS part (Zone Stamp), and will, of course, be placed using the Zone tool. However, I get no such cross in my part when placed - which tells me there must be extra code in the GS part.

This seems like a question only those at GS know the answer to...
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The display of the hotspot is dependent on which Construction Method you use to place the Zone.
When using any of the Manual methods (Polygonal, Rectangle, Rotated Rectangle), the hotspot is not displayed.
It is only displayed when using the "Inner Edge" or "Reference Line" Construction Methods, which are both methods that automatically detect zone boundaries around the clicked point.
The hotspot marks where you clicked when using automatic methods. When using Manual methods, there is no need for such input (since you are manually drafting the Zone boundary polygon), so there is nothing to display.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Bruce
Expert
Excellent - thanks Laszlo!
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!