Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

Resolved! API Database_control example Error

I am practicing database control to practice the addon which outputs element attribute value to excel file in ArchiCAD. (Static void Do_ExportWallsToExcel (void) function )There is problem that it is not saved in the place where Excel file is saved i...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

IFCQauntities from API

I have encountered some problems with exporting quantities I'm not sure why but when IFC Base Quantities are marked export instead of 1 min takes 1 hour... Therefore I was thinking of mapping like we map IFCProperties. However, IFC Mapping maps only ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

AddOn for custom guides

Hello all, I would like to develop an addon which creates custom guides that are overlaid on top of other elements in the viewport just like the ones native to ArchiCAD . if that is even possible - looked over the api reference, could't find anything...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error making new addon in Addon Management dialog

I currently run an executable file called "Addon Admin.exe" in the Add-on Management folder to create a new add-on. In order to open the previously created add-on database and get the new add-on ID, press the New Addon button to enter the authenticat...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Attributes selected by name - char and pointers

Hi, I'm trying to select attributes by name. I based it on Example I and II in AttributeGet docs. After a while, I had Example 2 working but... It's doing well for all strings which have same beginning. So T, TE, TES, TEST all of them work. I assume ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Running ARCHICAD project in VS C++ Express 2013

I am learning archicad and trying to open an existing example from API Development Kit in VS Express C++ 2013. I have installed SDK 7.1. in order to 64 development as VS Express doesn't run it by default. I am having trouble to run the example. Howev...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes