Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

Resolved! Problems retrieving 3D objects

Hey everyone,i implemented a KD-Tree structure in an Archicad 21 Addon to sort all the 3D elements in the 3D-model. But im having a little trouble feeding the right information to it:As far as i have seen from the example there are basically two ways...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Draw Text

Trying to draw some simple text at the origin. I'm guessing I need to use the function API_Element_Create() but I'm obviously doing something wrong as I get a compile message of 'no suitable conversion function from API_TextType to API_Element'Can't ...

Resolved! ACAPI_WrieReport Format

My add on uses a Alert message via the WriteReport function. I want to format the output message using some embedded variables. but the place holder %s does not seem to work for UniStrings. does work for %f & %d.AS in: GS:: UniString str = 'something...

Resolved! Font Index numbers

Wondering if there is a listing of the available Fonts in Archicad and their index number?

Resolved! Questioning about manuals ?

Where is the place that I can propose the editing for manuals ?For instance, right now, when revising COOR, COOR{2}, COOR{3} GDL commands, there was no mentioning that the these take effect after defining a specific body.

Ray-to-object 3D intersection test method in Archicad?

Hello!Does the Archicad API support detecting ray-to-object collision/intersection detection.Revit has a pure method Document.FindReferencesWithContextByDirection which takes a ray origin, ray direction and the 3D view and returns references which co...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Get object parameter (GDL variable) with Autotext

I've been struggling with this issue for a while, but because it seems simple, I thought I might just have missed some simple solution. But here goes:I GDL script custom objects from scratch and want to label them with the autotext function. In schem...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to close window?

GS::ErrCode err;err = ACAPI_Automate(APIDo_CloseID,nullptr);As result I have - error code APIERR_REFUSEDCMDHelp me please!)

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes