Developer forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

GDL XML Addon Bugs

Hi Everyone, I am experiencing a couple of File Dialog bugs when inputing data to GDL Objects via the GDL XML Addon. I figured the developer community is more likely to have experienced these issues. OSX Bug On OSX 10.6.8 AC14, the following line ope...

nikko by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Move the 3D view (translate/rotate)

Hello, My aim is to build an C++ add-on to control the 3D view of ArchiCAD with a Joystick or a Gamepad. I am using ArchiCAD 14, API Development Kit 14.2550 and VS 2008. I am already able to get Gamepad axis values from the add-on but I would like no...

Delaying loop

Hello, Im working on an add-on which runs a foor loop that finally run an external programm (autohotkey script). My problem is that the actions the external program does take some time (2-3 seconds), and in the meanwhile the loop continues, what make...

zanzibar by Newcomer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

3DS out

Hello, Im attempting to write some script that finally saves a 3d view as a 3ds file. I succeeded saving the 3d view as .3ds but 3dstudio max doesnt really like that file. I used the savepar_object function. How did they do that with the "3DS out" ad...

zanzibar by Newcomer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Accessing story name

Hello, Im trying to write a simple add-on that goes on each floor, one by one and than a writereport box shows up with the floor name. I tried several ways but didnt make it. How can I do that? Thanks a lot.

zanzibar by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

AC crashes

Hello, Im trying to develop something, and first of all need to access floor id. I tried this code: API_WorkspaceInfo workspaceInfo; API_StoryInfo storyInfo; API_ProjectInfo projectInfo; GSErrCode err; Int32 ind; err = ACAPI_Environment (APIEnv_Proje...

zanzibar by Newcomer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How to develop when tools are obsolete?

( BTW: I am an experienced (10yrs+) c++ developer) Bottom line is: I want to write addons. I can compile the examples fine, but can't get it to be recognised by AC. First problem: The system requirement for AC15 dev using M$/Win is 'Microsoft Visual ...

Compile and create my own API in C++

Hi, i'm Alex, from Spain. I need help about how to program API's for archiCAD, specifically how to compile C++ programs alredy finished with Qt GUI in Visual Studio and transform this project in an archiCAD API. I guess is something difficult but pro...

how to place GDL objects with API ?

hi i want to make an add-on wich use GDL object to create a structure, like the "roofmaker". i can't find the function to use to create GDL instance in the API documentation. where can i find it ?

Jevrod by Newcomer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes