Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

Modify Layer Setting Event

I am currently working on an add-on about layers. I am able to put all the current layer names on a combo box (pop-up). But the problem is, if there is a new layer created by the user, this new layer will not be in my combo box. (or delete/rename lay...

How to set a cursor in a dialog?

Hi The documentation indicates that a custom form cursor can be set in the DG_MSG_MOUSEMOVE message. What is the mechanism to set a custom form cursor pls? Thanks Paul

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

3D geometry library warning

Hi All, I would like to use a library like Boost, but it has warnings, and my compiler gives me C2220(warning treated as error) messages. Can you recommend any good libraries such as Boost (->CGAL) which could work with the current settings of ArchiC...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Layout drawings

I tried getting the drawing information from the navigator but failed. When I used ACAPI_Environment(APIEnv_GetNavigatorChildrenItemsID) to get the list of the children (which are classified as drawing) of a layout (API_LayoutNavItem), all of them on...

Capture.png

Call a module file with a button

Hi all, I use "APIDo_SaveAsModuleFileID" for save a module selection in a file. Now i want to call this file on a story. I don't find the function like "APIDo_OpenModuleFile". If someone know how to do this… Thanks Regards.

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Camera matrix

Hello, Is there easy way to get the camera transformation matrix for 3D view? All I've found is separate values like x,y of eye/target position (z can be found, but named differently e.g. targetZ - this is weird:) ) I know that I could probably calcu...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

APIElemMask_FloorPlan?

While using this (for the first time), I encountered this error: error C2065: 'APIElemMask_FloorPlan' : undeclared identifier Is this the same as APIElemMask_FromFloorplan? If so, why does the documentation still say to use APIElemMask_FloorPlan? Sim...

Communication Manager - saving as OBJ

First post on that Forum - hello everybody, Problem: I'm developing a simple add-on. At some point it should save current project (3D data) in Wavefront OBJ format. There's already an add-on for writing out OBJ format, which works fine, so I should u...

• 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Create drawing from external source

Is there a way to create a drawing element with its source being from an image file (JPEGs, PNGs,...) or from an existing ArchiCAD files (PLNs, MODs,...)? From the sample given on APIDb_StartDrawingDataID, the function ReadAction::Do() will: 2. Reads...