Developer forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Dimension witness gap settings

I am trying to write an API which create dimensions in various situations, using a default made in the API. I have most of the settings figured out, but the witnessVal seting in API_DimElem is killing me. It's the setting for the gap between the end ...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[newbie] browsing through materials

When I step through all the materials, one at a time, I can get all info from them. However, when I step through the geometry from the 3D-Window, I get some "iumat" short that should be an index into the materials. When I use this "iumat" I can reach...

stefan by Booster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[newbie] stepping through the vertices of a polygon

My Radiance exporter is slowly getting born... I am failing to step through the vertices of a polygon. I am able to get access to the body of the 3D-objects. The 3D-Test example shows how to step through all the vertices of the body and through all t...

stefan by Booster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Project Dimension settings idea

B) B) Allow different rounding accuracy levels based on viewset Although, I also just considered blanketly locking rounding at 1/16" B) Ideallly, I'd like dimension rounding to act like a Display Option. As I have come to understand Archicad dimensio...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ceiling Add-on ideas

To break off some of the posts from my previous "ideas" thread: 2) The ability to have multiple ceiling types within a room. In what way would like the association between a ceiling and a room to be expressed? Or are you simply pointing out that a so...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Preference Settings

It seems like the API only gives access to about half of the Archicad Preference dialog box. I have so far been unable to find settings to de/activate for things like "Automatic Pen Color Visibility Adjustment", "Save Navigator Preview" , and "Fill B...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

IO Error question

In the API documentation, there is a section on Input and Output. I have been looking at the sections on copying and deleting files, namely FileSystem::Copy. It says there that most of the errors are "declared in FileSystem class scope." (OK, this ma...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

[Wish] Scripting in AC

stefan wrote:--> side thought: I have a very small example running into our internal CAD-tool (still very much pre-alpha) but believe that this is achievable in ArchiCAD as well, as long as I learn how to step through the 3D-geometry and the material...

Tom's Add-on Ideas

TomWaltz wrote:I'm hoping to create an add-on which: A) Is self-updating on individual machines from a central source, so users always receive latest deployed version on start-up B) Allow different rounding accuracy levels based on viewset C) Check/r...

Introductions: Developer group

I think this is a great idea, and greatly needed. I'm really curious who else is out there, that will be following this Forum. I can't imagine our discussions on coding and data manipulation will be of much interest to the average Archicad user. I'm ...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes