Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

[ACAPI_LibPart_UpdateSection] doesnt work like I expect?

Hello, I've created LibPart from code based on elements generated from outside source (HPGL file). The problem is that i need to modify that element on the fly and it doesn't work: some code: The body of LibPart: API_LibPartSection CreateSection(cons...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How to close ArchiCAD file?

I tried to close file 2 ways. 1. By Name: IO::Location loc(fileName); //fileName has _bstr_t type IO::File file(loc); file.Close(); // return NoError 2. Close current project: ACAPI_Automate(APIDo_CloseID); //return APIERR_REFUSEDCMD But nothing happ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to check unsaved changes?

I open some project in ArchiCAD. Modify it, but not save. Than I open another project using my Add-On. In this case I lost all my changes in first project. How I can check unsaved changes in project? Or may be open a new project with checking unsaved...

• 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How to keep COM dll in memory while ArchiCAD works?

My Add-On use COM dll. COM dll support authorization and also monitor some local folders for changes. And I need to keep dll in memory all time ArchiCAD works. I load COM dll while first CommandHandler call occur. But ArchiCAD unload dll after each c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to create menu on one level with "File", "Edit" etc?

My .grc file has next content: 'STR#' 32500 "Strings for the Menu" { /* [ ] */ "Menu name" /* [ 1] */ "item 1" /* [ 2] */ "item2" } and menu was placed as submenu of "Options". How can I move my menu one level up? What can I do with "32500" number? T...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My error with API Dev Kit

Hi, All I wish to make MFC DLL (Regular DLL with MFC statically linked) in VS 2005 C++ with API Dev Kit 11. In procedure : static void Do_Open (void) { API_FileOpenPars fop; GSErrCode err; BNZeroMemory (&fop, sizeof (API_FileOpenPars)); fop.fileTypeI...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Linker error - unresolved external symbol GetClassInfo

Hi! I got linker error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class GS::ClassInfo * __thiscall GS::Object::GetClassInfoW(void)const " (?GetClassInfoW@Object@GS@@UBEPAVClassInfo@2@XZ) after that as added following code GS::Array> ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes