Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

How to get Template folder

Hi I need to find out what the Template Folder is within a rendering addon. How can you use IO::fileSystem.GetSpecialLocation to find out the Template folder pls? (There doesn't seem to be an entry in SpecLocId for the Template folder). Thanks

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommended IDE for plugin development

Hello All, I am considering a development of an integration of a rendering engine into Archicad 16 , 15. What are recommended IDE for Windows and Mac? I have read that Xcode 3.2.6 works well and I am not sure about which version of VC++ will be good....

How do you use Element::GetElemGuid?

Using the rendering API, how would you use Element::GetElemGuid? The doco states This method gets the unique identifier of the element. This identifier is used to find the plan element in the plan database (using the General API). However when I add ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DGAppendDialogItem broken?

Hi, I am wondering what you need to do to get DGAppendDialogItem to create an item on a modal dialog. I've tried calling it inside and outside DG_MSG_INIT, tried creating different types of controls, and tried on pre-made dialogs and DGBlankModalDial...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

OctaneRender plug-in developers wanted !

Hi, While not only specific to Archicad and if anyone is intrested, here is a Annoucement found on the official Octanerender forum, Hi everyone, The announcement of our OctaneRender® SDK (Software Development Kit) over one year ago has been a tremend...

TMA_80 by Booster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD to Radiance Add-on revisited

I wrote an ArchiCAD to Radiance exporter some years ago. That was using ArchiCAD 8.0 and Visual Studio 6.0 in Windows 2000. After some (serious) struggling to get my develoment environment up to date and working again, I finally succeeded compiling m...

stefan by Advocate
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get texture filename using rendering API

Hi I am using the Rendering Dev Kit, and wish to obtain the texturemap FILENAME for a give material. Does anyone know how to do this for a given GSModeler::Polygon? Also, I have been trying to use ACAPI_Goodies (APIAny_GetTextureCoordID, &texCoordPar...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

apx developer order

Hello everyone, i'm looking for someone to create an add on. I want something, like "Accessory" add on, but for column let's say "Column Accessory . For further informations please contact me.

Cosminn by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD 16 Devkit & XCode 4

I try to follow the "step-by-step" instructions on http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/documentation/developer_docs/AC15/APIDevKit/APIHTMLLibrary/Level3/MacTel_sbs.html I don't have a similar link for 16, but exactly the same page, dated 2008 (...

stefan by Advocate
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes