Developer forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Walk Through

Can some walk me through creating the simplest of addons in VC++ .NET, say having one textbox and one button? Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks, Dipan Das

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn layers on/off in real time?

Is it possible you clever developers? I figure a box with the layer list where one could turn on/off layers in real time so that the model view updates accordingly. Purpose is to show different alternatives very easily and quickly. Yes or No?

Problem compiling ArchiCAD addon in VC++ .NET

Hi, I have just started learning how to create ArchiCAD addons using VC++ .NET. When I create a new ArchiCAD addon project and compile it it works fine. However when I try to add a new windows form, it fails to compile. Also, if somebody can send me ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems creating ArchiCAD addon in VC++

Hi, I have just started learning how to create ArchiCAD addons using VC++ .NET. When I create a new ArchiCAD addon project and compile it it works fine. However when I try to add a new windows form, it fails to compile. Also, if somebody can send me ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

how to let the user stop a for-loop (DGModelessHandler?)

Hi! I am searching for a way to enable the user to stop a for-loop started by the addon. Example: { bool abort = false; CTestWindow window(abort); //modeless window with access to "abort" for (int i = 0; (i < 10) && !abort; i++) { Sleep(500); PRINT(G...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

ACAP_DLL.apx gone in SDK 10?

Hello, I'm currently trying to update our application to version 10. However the DLL plugin for dynamic Archicad calls (ACAP_DLL.apx) does not appear to be included in the SDK anymore, nor in the Archicad distribution itself. But the SDK documentatio...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

get the elements lying in a rectangular area

Hi Is there a way to query the element-database with a rectangular area? The result should be the elements which are inside the query-rectangle. Has anyone a hint how to achieve this? I found "ACAPI_Selection_SetMarquee", but the docu says: "The func...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Work with API

Hi all I am brand new on this area (ArchiCad), but maybe someone can help me. I need to take a elements and components and all other things from ArchiCad to another (calculation) software. Is ArchiCad able to export this into some text (or XML) file?...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

retrieving 3d data from a modle

hey the api stipulates that the following two function calls, ACAPI_3D_GetNum and ACAPI_3D_GetComponent are used to retrieve the data from archiCAD as meshes. however, it doesn't seem to work. i open an example file and the GetNum call returns zero. ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes