Developer forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Can someone settle a bet?

Well - not REALLY a bet... however one of my coworkers appears convinced - or had HEARD - that ArchiCAD's kernel (my words) was written in BASIC - and thus assumed that it is also COMPILED in BASIC. I'd have assumed that the original program was writ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

XML converter Bug

Starting a new thread from here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7435 I took for exsample the folder 'moebel' from obejct explorer 2.0 and convert it to XML and back. There I look at Armstuhl_4.gsm When I the watch the GSM in GDL-...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

GSM file format spec

Hello to all, Is there a detailed GSM file format specification in the developer support stuff? It would be handy to be able to write GSM-file from other programming enviroments. Information about header-structure, byte-offsets of internal sections e...

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes

More settings fun

I am trying to get our Section Tool to default to a few things, like "Use element colors" and "Show on stories partially in range." The story part works, the Use Element Colors does not, and I am getting the "No error encountered" response in the Rep...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[newbie] how to create dialog boxes.

im very new to the ACAPI, and so trying to figure out how AC does its dialog boxes is a nice task. where would i start if i wanted to create a text box that users can paste information into? i was thinking DGBlankModalDialog() but got very confused a...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What is needed for ArchiCAD to use the plugin?

i have downloaded the latest API and have ArchiCAD running in DEMO mode (graphisoft hasnt given me my id yet) and after compiling the addon which compiles with only one warning: ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'api_c.pdb' was not fo...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autodesk RealDWG

www.autodesk.com/autodeskrealdwg Autodesk apparantly releases a new (non-free) DWG developerskit. I'm not affiliated with Autodesk, but this might be interesting to know for developers.

stefan by Booster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically Generated GDL

Dear All, I want to automatically generate/modify GDL objects from WEB service. Is it possible to operate with GDL files using some API's? May be ArchiCAD could operate as a server? Thank you in advance, Andrejus Baranovskis

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Intel marriage...

Any ideas/forecast on what could this mean for us (I mean about API DevKit and the "portability" of our current add-ons)?Something is already planned in the next future?Any comment will be welcome...FriendlyFabrizio