Developer forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Passing information from API to Object

OK, here's the million dollar question: I'm working on an add-on that would allow a user to set what their drawing type is (ceiling, demo, mechanical, etc). I also want to make objects that can REQUEST that setting, and be able to perform IF-THEN ope...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

DG_Test compilation

I was trying to compile the DG_Test to play with user-defined preferences a bit. In trying to compile it, I keep getting an error "An unknown error occurren when compiling file "DG_TestFix.grc" for target "DG_Test Finak" for project "DG_Test.mwp." Ha...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

DG User Control

Hello, I want to make a help control in ArchiCAD which displays HTML files. I currently have an app which uses the microsoft web browers object and my goal is to put it onto a modeless palette in ArchiCAD. I have added an entry into my grc file: 'GDL...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Revit API

I just found out that Revit 8 now has an API for writing add-ons.... I cannot help but think this could mean an great benefit for them, since until now there was no possibilty to create add-ons... although they are charging $1200 minimum, so it may n...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Conversion Script

I am not sure if this is the location to post this question, please let me know if I should post it elsewhere. I am curious if there is a way to write a script to automatically adjust certain items in a plan. Sort of like a macro in excel. I use the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD v8.x & JVM

Can anyone confirm if Graphisoft is providing an alternative to MSJVM being used for its Version 8.x family of products? Since MS are no longer offering MSJVM and customers are being encouraged to move to an alternate versions of JVM such as SUN's, t...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can someone settle a bet?

Well - not REALLY a bet... however one of my coworkers appears convinced - or had HEARD - that ArchiCAD's kernel (my words) was written in BASIC - and thus assumed that it is also COMPILED in BASIC. I'd have assumed that the original program was writ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 likes

XML converter Bug

Starting a new thread from here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7435 I took for exsample the folder 'moebel' from obejct explorer 2.0 and convert it to XML and back. There I look at Armstuhl_4.gsm When I the watch the GSM in GDL-...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

GSM file format spec

Hello to all, Is there a detailed GSM file format specification in the developer support stuff? It would be handy to be able to write GSM-file from other programming enviroments. Information about header-structure, byte-offsets of internal sections e...

• 7 replies
  • 0 likes