Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

Independent details

API 6.1 allows create and delete independend detail database now. It is possible to get all detail database ids. But I didnt find a way to change the IdStr and the name of a database ( at last the name ). And I didn find a way to get the IdStr and th...

Oleg by Advocate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

GDL and API in Layout Mode (Integrated Workflow)

Djordje wrote:As one of the most important news will be PlotMaker integration into ArchiCAD, how do the GDL/API gurus see the playing field now? GDL in PlotMaker was a loooong standing wish; now it is a reality. I am assuming, as Djordje, that the ND...

GDL-API communication wishes

I would like to offer for discussion two wishes for the future version. ( If it is allowed and is welcomed here. )1) I would like to have a feature of a communication channel between GDL script and an addon.Actually I used such approach in one big pr...

Oleg by Advocate
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

alternate to the internal elevation tool?

Hi I am wondering is this is something that could be achieved with an API add-on. Select a section/elevation line on plan and automatically extend it to the boundary of a (selected) zone (or zone boundary). Maybe even give the section the elevation p...

Corruption of plan files

Hello, I have a problem where sometimes when a draftsperson saves their drawing the pln that is created is corrupted. Its like none of the databases apart from one elevation database have been saved. As if this elevation database was saved over the f...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New render Add On

Hi all, I am new in the archicad developer community. I am trying to do a new render add on for archicad 9.0. I just downloaded the API 5 minutes ago. I see that there is a render example here can some one tell me a brief introduction, i am totally n...

• 10 replies
  • 0 likes

ArchiCAD development with Borland Delphi

Hi everyone. Can somebody help me to start with Borland Delphi 7 and ArchiCAD. I need to write a code that will open ArchiCAD drawing, and to get data from "Calculate" menu in ArchiCAD 9. Thnx in advance Martin

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APIAny_GetElemCreatorToolUnIdID bug ?

API 5.2 The APIAny_GetElemCreatorToolUnIdID returns bad database error when Detail database is active. It seems like a bug, I dont see a reason why it can not work same way as for floor plan database. May be it is not a bug but a designed feature.

Oleg by Advocate
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The life and death of CIO

Hi everyone,We're planning to remove the CIO (Compatible IO) part of the InputOutput library. Its primary purpose was to provide a C interface to the InputOutput module, which was kept compatible accross maintenance releases (i.e. even if the InputOu...