Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

using Polygon2DData-methods with a Hatch?

Hi I want to use the geometrical methods of Polygon2DData to manipulate elements of type "API_HatchType". Are there methods to sync the polygon-data of the Hatch (stored in API_Element.hatch.poly and API_ElementMemo) with the data of a Polygon2DData-...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

changing visible-state of a layer (before addon quits)

Hi I try to make a layer invisible from the modal dialog of my addon. Problem: The layer does not becomee invisible before the dialog is closed. I think this are the relevant lines of my code: mAcAttribute.layer.head.flags = APILay_Hidden; GSErrCode ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i create mesh hole?

i know how to create hole in slab or roof.. but mesh is impossible.. why? is there a any solution or method to create mesh hole with API. thanks i'm developing archicad 9... next line is sample code.. static void Do_Poly_NewHole (void) { ACAPI_OpenUn...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will Graphisoft switch to XCode when CW is discontinued?

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Carbon-dev/2005/Jul/msg00981.html Any thoughts? I'm mostly a PC guy (though typing on my PB right now), but I was kinda interested in porting my Radiance exporter to OSX, but I only have XCode. Could be a solution for ...

stefan by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Archicad ODBC: Get coordinates?

I use Archicad ODBC Driver to access Archicad Plan file. I need to get object coordinates. For example, coordinates of walls (wall polygon). Can I get this parameters? Thanks!

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

** Operator

I see the operator ** all over the API, and for the first time, actually need to deal with it. I'm familiar with pointers and memory references, and I am finding I cannot search for "C++ **" on Google.... Can anyone tell me what that means?

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Info of selected items

A lot of the API examples show how to get/assign parameters of clicked elements. Does anyone have any tips on getting the API_ElemTypeID typeID, and changing parameters on SELECTED elements? I'm struggling with which myriad of "change/get/set" functi...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

What is meant by "neig"?

Hi My english dictonary has not got an entry for "neig". Could someone explain what is meant? This word often occurs in the API documentation... e.g.: " API_Neig Describes a neig point of an element. typedef struct { API_NeigID neigID; long index; sh...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

reading errors from Archicad

In a lot of places in the examples, there are statements like err = function(param). I am trying to get any errors that do occur to show up in the report window. The problem I am having is that ACAPI_WriteReport, CHCopyC, and sprintf all seemt to req...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

changing a char[] case

I am trying to change the case of a char array to all lower case. I have #include "ctype.h" ... for (i=0; i <= 15 ; i++) { buffer(i) = std::tolower (buffer(i)); } and keep getting "Call of non-function error" from Codewarrior when I compile. I tried ...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes