Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer forum

Forum Posts

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

Hi everyone, In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things. First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with...

XML Library Developer Tool Problem in 9

I had been experimenting with the Library Developer tool to convert GSM object files to XML files with the Archicad 8.1 library with great success in converting files. In trying to use it on the Archicad 9 library, I am finding that the results are n...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

What is 'visual' about visual c++

Can anyone tell me where the visual comes into play in Microsft's visual c++. I've been working through tutorials form MS and others and have yet to see anything that I would consider visual except for flowcharts in the books and these appear to have...

[api wish] Unable to set ghost story

Over on the wishlist, Rick Thompson wishes for a drop-down ghost story list on the toolbar to allow for quickly changing the ghost story: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=23486#23486 A while back, Stuart James and others (myself in...

API Wishlist

I'm going to experiment with using this topic to provide an index to wishes made elsewhere in the developer forum. Make your wishes known in your conversations (with a [api wish] topic if you want) and discuss them there, and I'll post a summary and ...

Updating Add-ons from 8.1 to 9

I am trying to update an add-on I wrote for 8.1 to run on Archicad 9 on Mac OS 10.3. I opened the file in Codewarrior, repointed all the support directories to the DevKit 6.1, and recompiled. Archicad 9 tells me the add-on is outdated and will not ru...

TomWaltz by Newcomer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

API Tool Development: Advice Request

I am currently working on a project with a local manufacturer to develop a wall panel configurator. Our team has built paneliztion routines in GDL previously, but this project has a new twist. The wall panels comprised of steel studs and EPS foam for...

[api wish] Win specific API wish ( __fastcall )

Small wish for Graphisoft. As far as I understand GS uses __fastcall calling convention by default for exported functions from DLL some (or all) modules. Though this strange decision, but if so, it would be good if the calling convention was specifie...

Oleg by Advocate
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Modeless dialogs

The API doc states: "API-based Add-Ons CANNOT handle modeless dialog boxes. Use Palettes instead." It is a pity, I need a modeless dialog, not a palette. Though I tried to open modeless dialog box, as far as I remember, I had problems and it seems th...

Oleg by Advocate
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

about Windows & Doors transformations

In my Radiance exporter, when exporting the bodies one by one, I can't seem to get the transformation for the Windows and/or Doors right. I start from a list of body-indices. Then I request the API_Component3D. From the component, I can query vertice...

stefan by Enthusiast
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

API Request: Comprehensive Save

Does anybody have an API that will -- while in Teamwork -- save to the default PLC name, then perform a send/receive? Ideally, I would like it to do another save after the send/receive so I have a local version that contains all other user's changes.

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes