Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

edges of Poly2_b{5} curves convert to HotArc2

GDL Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Experts,

I would like to add some clickable edges to a Poly2_b{5}. At the moment I can only click in the middle of the Poly2_b{5} fill to select it. I need to be able to select the outer perimeter for aligning the edges to other objects.

I can match the Hotline2 commands to the linear edges of the Poly2_b{5}. However how can I HotArc2 the Poly2_b{5}curves? Or is there any other way to make the edges clickable?

Poly2_b{5} uses the Arc using centerpoint and angle with the 900 and 4000:

x0, y0, 900, !Set centerpoint
0, a, 4000+s, !Arc using centerpoint and angle

Whilst Hotarc2 uses:

hotarc2 xCenterPoint, yCenterPoint, radius, angleStart, angleEnd, unID

Is there a way to write duplicate and change the original Poly2_b{5} code so that Hotarc2 can follow the curves of the Poly2_b{5}? 

Thank you so much for your help, I have been battling this for several days!

11 REPLIES 11

Sometimes this can be overriden by summing up parameters...but I do not know how many characters You have there...

Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

If it is your object which defines the geometry, you probably have the centerpoints of the circles to calculate with.

If you have to draw generic polygons from profiles, it might be easier to use "ProfileConverter" macro. This article explains the reverse conversion, hope you will be able to figure it out reading the code. We are in the process of writing some articles on GDLCenter about it.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest