Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.
SOLVED!

exclude elements from excel export with python

Jorgyy
Participant

Hi.

do anybody know if it's possible to exclude elements in an excel export with python?

if so will you care to show/explain. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

If I understand you, if you are using a Python script to gather data, of course, you can exclude any properties you don't want. Just use a python filter, to filter the data to whatever you want. There are many instructional videos on YouTube on this subject.

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
poco2013
Mentor

Neither the Python API or the C++ API have any ability to address or modify the interactive schedules. This appears to be a Graphisoft Philosophy. -- Don't know why??

You could use a Python script to directly gather the element attributes and place them in a excel spreadsheet. Python scripts have that ability.

But a better approach may be to just export the schedule to excel and delete or ignore the properties you don't need. OR directly modify the schedule criteria.

Gerry

i see.

i'm currently using python pallet in archicad and export lets see window object with element id, height and width parameters, and wounder if i could exclude exsample every windpow with element id W-01. but i guess this is not possible...

Solution

If I understand you, if you are using a Python script to gather data, of course, you can exclude any properties you don't want. Just use a python filter, to filter the data to whatever you want. There are many instructional videos on YouTube on this subject.

Gerry