GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Cut fill orientation in curtainwall custom panel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there

Creating a custom panel using slab(seen from front offcours). Giving it insulation material. Saving as curtainwall panel. As plan shows the orientation of the cutfill always follows x y axis, If i rotate the cw the fill doesnt move. Any ideas?

2.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What are the names of the GDL Global variables that you use to display these values in the Label?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi laslonagy

If you mean the GDL values to get the wall surfaces, they are WALL_MAT_B & WALL_MAT_A. There is nothing in there that interacts with the wall yet as I cant figure that part out. Can you offer any pointers?
Anonymous
Not applicable
so i figured out that lower case parameters shown in the GDL manual have to be added to the Parameters tab in the object, you cant just write it in the script.

The parameter ac_wall_direction_type now returns a 1 if the Reference line location: Flip wall on reference line.

This doesnt really follow with what the manual says:
wall direction type; the construction method of the wall actually, which means the adjustment of the wall body and the reference line: 0 - Right, 1 - Left, 2 - Center (Right), 3 - Center
(Left). Center values mean that the wall is set to 'Center' in the user interface, but the side notation shows how the wall acts internally.

Can anyone tell me if there is a parameter that will display the Reference Line Location (Outside, Inside, Centre & Offset)?
reference lines.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I checked this and what I see is that if you flip the Wall, the WALL_MAT_A and WALL_MAT_B get swapped.
But what I see is that setting the Reference Line Location button in the Info Box to any of its 6 possible values does not affect the above two GDL variables in any way. And I couldn't find any other variable in GDL that would be.
So at the moment I don't have an idea of how this could be achieved.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for looking at it larslonagy. I figured as much.
Think I'll do a checkbox for the 2 common ref line states.
Andreas _kerlund
Contributor
Hi!

Is there any progress in this old issue? I have searched for a way to make a label center over a wall regardless of direction and flipped state. It seems that it is necessary to be able to read the outside / inside face setting from the wall. Is this still not possible?
Andreas Åkerlund, Arkitekt SAR
Arkitekthuset Jönköping AB
ArchiCAD 5 to 25
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i9 7920x @ 2.9 GHz, 64 GB RAM
pedrocollares
Enthusiast

I'll revive this thread, because I'm trying to achieve the same thing and it seems not possible yet.

I'm trying to 'get' whether the reference line is in the inside or outside face. The "Is flipped" global variable doesn't achieve much, and the ac_wall_direction_type still behaves the same. Returns 0 if ref line is inside or outside, returns 2 if ref line is centered and 1 if it is flipped regardless of inside/outside, not solving the issue.

Any possible way to achieve this?

Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

WALL_MAT_A is the inside face material of the wall if ac_wall_direction_type is 1 or 3 (consistent with WALL_FLIPPED = 1). ac_wall_direction_type doesn't reflect which side of the wall is the reference line, it tells which side of the wall is the inside face relative to the reference line's direction (whether WALL_MAT_A or WALL_MAT_B is the inside face).

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

Turn on the Wall&Beam Reference Lines option on the On-screen View Options palette to see the direction of the reference line. This is not otherwise visible in the settings, but has an effect on the globals.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest