Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

object hyperlink in BIMx Web Viewer

MDS
Participant

Hi,

I need to create Hyperlink (URL) to search and view an object in 3D model.

I have only the GUID of the Object and I need to operate like in BIMx APP.

When I copy the hyperlink of object (in BIMx Web Viewer) the URL is:
https://bimx-webviewer.graphisoft.com/viewer?accessToken=...zzz...&externalLink=%7B%22cmd%22%3A%22sh...

where:
...zzz... is a long string of authorization token (is ti right?)

...xxx... is pubItemID

...yyy... is elementID the same that I have in Archicad and Bimx APP (the GUID)

The first  question:
Is the pubItemID  the GUID of the 3D Model  loaded in the cloud?
If yes I can retrive in a hyperlink on any objet of 3d Model so pubItemID is not a problem.

If NO: How I can retrive pubItemID? Is it possible to build the URL without the pubItemID?

The second and important question:
Is it possible to remove from the URL "cameraPos" and "viewDirection" and navigate from BIMx Web Viewer to the object in the same manner of menu "go to" ?

(in fact I don't know the position of the objects but only the GUID)

Thanks in advance,

Massimo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello Massimo,

So you'd like to create a list of 3D element hyperlinks for BIMx Web Viewer but without opening BIMx. Then send one of these hyperlinks to someone via email in order to show that element in BIMx Web Viewer's 3D by one click on the URL.

Accessing elements via hyperlinks is a mobile-only function at the moment, I assume you know the related description. The Create Hyperlink function in BIMx Web Viewer has one purpose: generating a URL for easily and quickly showing a single 3D element (temporarily highlighted in blue color) in a browser. Web Viewer's hyperlinks expire in 24 hours because embedding such hyperlinks is not supported. Please also note that the blue (temporary) element highlight and the green (permanent) element selection are separate functionalities in the mobile apps, providing different benefits. 

The good news is that we plan to enhance the web application in the future with functions available currently only in mobile apps. Your request has been registered in our system: IDEA-4414. Please let me know if I misunderstood your needs or you have any questions. I'd be happy to get a better understanding of your workflows! Alternatively, feel free to contact our Technical Support Team at bimx@graphisoft.com if any assistance is needed.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh Verran
Expert

Hi Massimo

I might be totally missing your query here, but in the first line you asked:
"I need to create Hyperlink (URL) to search and view an object in 3D model".
You could create a property for this called "Website", then make sure that property is available for whatever classification the element is on.
You could then paste the website into the related property.
You can create other properties too, like manufacturer name, manufacturer date etc.

If that is sounding anything like what you are after, you could do a search of GS Classification and Properties. Apologies if I have misinterpreted your request.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Frank Harper
Booster

Do I understand correctly,...you want to view your BIMx object/modell?

You have to upload the model first,....then copy the addess from the browser?!

AC 4.55 -

Hi Josh,

I can try to describe my problem.

With Archicad I can export in Excel the GUID of (selected) objects.
From Excel (or external program) I can automatic build an URL to search and view that object in 3D model in BIMx APP (IOS or Android).
The URL is like 

bimxapplication://showElementIn3dContext?hypermodel=<My BIMX MODEL NAME>&element_guids=<GIUD of the OBJECT>
the GUID is like EE82068F-3262-D646-AB54-4EDCA8868F06

so to build the URL I need only the Model Name (that for me is fixed) and the GUID that I can retrieve from the Excel file exported from Archicad.

I can put the URL in email, or in web page, or in a file.
When I click/tap the URL on Tablet/smartphone the BIMx APP is started, the 3d Model is opened and the automatic navigation to the object is started, so at the end I view the object in the 3D Model.
In the url I don't put the parameters "cameraPos" and "viewDirection" that are optional (without these parameter I have in BIMx APP an automatic navigation to the object, and the BIMx APP choose automatically the point of view).
(see documentation in https://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/api-for-bimx-mobile-apps and http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/BIMx-API-Documentation-v4.2.pdf)

Now I want to do the same with BIMx Web Viewer.

I uploaded the 3D model and I can navigate on it with BIMx Web Viewer, I can view the object, and for any object I can copy the "hyperlink" (is an URL).
From  that "hyperlink"  I can open a browser web that start BIMx Web Viewer, navigate to the object, and at the end I view the object in 3D model.
My problem is to automatically create the hyperlink and not copy from every object in BIMx Web Viewer.
So I analyzed the structure of the hyperlink and I see the there are:
- an authorization token that for me is Fixed (is not a problem)
-  an pubItemID that I think refer to 3d model and for me is Fixed (is not a problem)

- an elementID that is the GUID of the object and that I can retrive to the Excel file (is not a problem)

-  "cameraPos" and "viewDirection" that seem are not optional and for me are a BIG problem because I don't know the position of the objects e the correct point of view: I need an automatic navigation to the object showed from that fixed point of view.

So if I change the elementID and I put the fixed values in  "cameraPos" and "viewDirection" I don't view the specific object but I view everitime the objects showed from that fixed point of view.
I need an automatic 
navigation to the object like in BIMx APP
And the Automatic Navigation in BIMx Web Viewer in implemented because if you select an object in the contextual menu there is "Go To" button.

How can resolve my problem?
P.S. I don't found any documentation about hiperlink and BIMx Web Viewer

thanks at all in advance

see the reply to Josh
thanks

Solution

Hello Massimo,

So you'd like to create a list of 3D element hyperlinks for BIMx Web Viewer but without opening BIMx. Then send one of these hyperlinks to someone via email in order to show that element in BIMx Web Viewer's 3D by one click on the URL.

Accessing elements via hyperlinks is a mobile-only function at the moment, I assume you know the related description. The Create Hyperlink function in BIMx Web Viewer has one purpose: generating a URL for easily and quickly showing a single 3D element (temporarily highlighted in blue color) in a browser. Web Viewer's hyperlinks expire in 24 hours because embedding such hyperlinks is not supported. Please also note that the blue (temporary) element highlight and the green (permanent) element selection are separate functionalities in the mobile apps, providing different benefits. 

The good news is that we plan to enhance the web application in the future with functions available currently only in mobile apps. Your request has been registered in our system: IDEA-4414. Please let me know if I misunderstood your needs or you have any questions. I'd be happy to get a better understanding of your workflows! Alternatively, feel free to contact our Technical Support Team at bimx@graphisoft.com if any assistance is needed.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager