Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

"Licensing" for plugin.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could anyone recommend a good licencing solution for the plugin?

I don't have to be super efficient. I would like to have a smart way to allow our team to work in different places but also have control over who is using it. It would be good if it can support also small distribution since we are considering the release of some plugins.
3 REPLIES 3
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Using APIEnv_ProtectionDataID method you can retrieve the API_ProtectionInfo, which contains the unique serial number of the hardware key (keySerialNumber). However this works only in case of hardware keys, but this way you can identify the user easily.
Other data in that structure can be usefull also for this purpose.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I will have a look at it. It seems better than what we use now. What I was thinking of is also a tool that would allow us to grant and take back access to specific plugins.
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Tibor wrote:
Using APIEnv_ProtectionDataID method you can retrieve the API_ProtectionInfo, which contains the unique serial number of the hardware key (keySerialNumber). However this works only in case of hardware keys, but this way you can identify the user easily.
Other data in that structure can be usefull also for this purpose.
Actually the ACAPI_Environment (APIEnv_ProtectionDataID, ..., &containerNumber) has a second parameter which gives you an identifier even in the soft protection case.

Best, Akos