GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

"zsh: permission denied:" when trying to use the LP_XMLConverter tool on mac

MetalFingerz
Advocate

Hi,

I'm trying to extract some .gsm to .xml using the LP_XMLConverter tool on my M1 Pro (running Monterrey 12.2.1). I've been trying with AC 21 or 24 and have had the same error every time :

zsh: permission denied: /Applications/Graphisoft/Archicad XX/Archicad XX.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter.app

(XX being the Archicad version)

I have a windows laptop where I have no issue using the terminal with the tool but I would like to avoid doing to much back and forth between laptops on the current project I'm working on.

Any advice to bypass or fix this error on my mac ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

a Mac .app is just a folder, you need to use

Archicad XX.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

a Mac .app is just a folder, you need to use

Archicad XX.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter

Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

Hello Peter,

I changed the command in the terminal and now I'm getting this error instead 🙃

zsh: no such file or directory: /Applications/Graphisoft/Archicad XX/Archicad XX.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter

When I drag and drop the LP_XMLConverter file (folder ?) in the terminal, it ends with the ".app" extension.

Should it be

/Applications/Graphisoft/Archicad/Archicad XX.app/...

?

Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

That was it. I should have read your reply more carefully... 😅 I didn't realize you went inside the first LP_XMLConverter directory because that was where I stopped.