GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

zone stamp in hotlink

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I made a zone stamp.
I put an on/off setting in it.
Created in unit.mod file and hotlinked to building A.pln
Here the on/off set in unit.mod works.

But when I hotlink building A.pln to All.pln, everything turns on.
How can I turn it off in All.pln?

it is unit.mod.

LeeJaeYoung_0-1658050167437.png

building A.pln

LeeJaeYoung_1-1658050206541.png

ALL.pln

LeeJaeYoung_2-1658050234893.png

AC27 on window 11
9 REPLIES 9
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

I suspect the problem is that zone categories are attributes, which get merged into the host file. If the zone category's default stamp library part is changed, it overwrites the imported module's stamps, and the parameters of those stamps reset to the default parameters. The same would happen if you changed a hotlinked line type.

Is it possible that another imported module overwrote the zone category that uses the custom stamp? Try using the same stamp for the same categories in each module, or use different category for different stamps.

Another option is using zone labels.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

What you are saying is that it is turned off in building.pln where the mod is hotlinked, but it cannot be initialized in all.pln where the pln file is loaded.

AC27 on window 11

I am trying to say that it may be initialized to default in ALL.pln when the zone category attributes from two different hotlinks have the same ID but different zone stamps, or the attribute's zone stamp is changed manually after import.

Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

I am a beginner and my English is short.
It's asking if you can get it out.
can't it?
What do I need to fix?

AC27 on window 11

Please forward your question to support, they will be able to help in your native language. I think this is not a GDL programming question, but using hotlinks and attributes.

Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

I was asking how far the properties of hotlink can be transmitted.
Basically, the concept of link has been thought that the content of b is transmitted to the end. But Archicad wasn't like that. So, I decided that Archicad is designed as a single hotlink, and the properties of a can only be transmitted up to b. This is because the attribute a in a->b->c is not passed to c.

Question 1. So I asked if there was any way to pass up to c.
Because if not, I have to think a->b<-c.

AC27 on window 11

Yes, a->b->c should work.

Another possibility for error is changing the zone category's library part after placing the hotlinks.

We would need to see your files to be sure.

Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

When I ctrl+M+shift after hotlink, the door change... - Graphisoft Community

It's the same, so I need your opinion.

AC27 on window 11

From looking at the pictures, I think they are not the same issue, since the door has a problem with a one-level hotlink too (a->b).

Péter Baksa
Graphisoft SE, Budapest