Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

2D Trees showing box in renders

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive been trying out some of the 2D sprite trees for rendering purposes but there seems to be a semi-transparent box around where the sprite is.

Against other things it seems to be hard to notice but against the sky its very noticeable and id much prefer not to show it like that to clients.

Is there any way to make it completely transparent?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, there is a setting in the render settings that will fix that, I can't remember exactly which one (I'll try to find out later which one is) but try using a render setting template like "daylight fast physical", I think that will solve the problem and from there you can tweak your render settings.
alemanda
Advocate
Cinerender has 2 types of render.
You have to use the phisical render in Cinerender to not see the box of the billboard
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
alemanda wrote:
Cinerender has 2 types of render.
You have to use the phisical render in Cinerender to not see the box of the billboard
arqrivas wrote:
Hello, there is a setting in the render settings that will fix that, I can't remember exactly which one (I'll try to find out later which one is) but try using a render setting template like "daylight fast physical", I think that will solve the problem and from there you can tweak your render settings.
Thanks guys, I tried a physical render and the box is gone.

I am still pretty new to rendering, what is the main differences between Physical and Normal?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Read this,
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-r...

Here you can learn the main difference in between those two.
nojusuz
Newcomer

After 7 years it is not fixed