BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

2D door representation - Archicad

MrCarbajal
Participant

Hello there , i need to change the 2D door representation to look like the standard Archicad door (Second image) , currently its only showing as single lines. As i wasnt the original creator of the template im not sure how i can change it back. Any help would be appreciated. 

MrCarbajal_1-1654645002770.png

MrCarbajal_2-1654645014880.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

the floor plan look of a door is controlled in 2 places:
Model View Options (MVO) & Door Settings (which, if selected, overrides the MVO)

if you go the route of the MVO, you'll need to ensure that the Saved View is using that MVO.

GerryLeonor_0-1654650092588.png

if you go the route of the Door Settings, you'll need to override the 2D Detail Level to be whatever you need the scale to be, as long as "by MVO" is NOT selected.

GerryLeonor_1-1654650104630.png

the downside to the Door Settings route, is that you might have to do this to every door.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

the floor plan look of a door is controlled in 2 places:
Model View Options (MVO) & Door Settings (which, if selected, overrides the MVO)

if you go the route of the MVO, you'll need to ensure that the Saved View is using that MVO.

GerryLeonor_0-1654650092588.png

if you go the route of the Door Settings, you'll need to override the 2D Detail Level to be whatever you need the scale to be, as long as "by MVO" is NOT selected.

GerryLeonor_1-1654650104630.png

the downside to the Door Settings route, is that you might have to do this to every door.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

yeah it ended up being the MVO , thanks for your help ! 

Learn and get certified!