Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3 D quality

Polar Bear
Booster

Hello,

On mac, the quality of 3D is very poor and not good enough to use for working document (unless we use 3d doc, which many draw back (material etc). 

In a project, when we have several complicated details needing to be shown or we work with team overseas, rendering is very complicated and take lots of time.

Does any one has some idea as to when this issue will be resolve?

Thanking you

Kind Regards

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein

Can you post a screenshot that shows what you are trying to accomplish that isn't good enough?  It sounds like you want a textured 3D image... which can be either the 3D window or a render.  The quality of the 3D window on my Mac is more than adequate for a detail... but I'm not sure of your goal, since the 3D window only gives an image... you cannot annotate it as you would for a detail.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Lingwisyer
Guru
Jim Allen
Expert

Have you missed the New 3d document from 3D option?

Right-click your 3d view and you get this option:

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 17.38.04.png

You get a vector line view like this:

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 17.40.22.png

Zero pixellation (as expected from a vector image) but you don't get image textures - unless I'm mistaken.

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
Polar Bear
Booster

Thanks...

I somehow know of the 3d doc but hardly use it.

Reason to want good quality 3D with texture or black and white:

- Cover of building documentation portfolios.  Making rendering every time changes happen, a real draw back behind the other BIM software.  Rendering slows down work tremendously, at least on my computer.  

- Making a 3d doc every time, suppose you adjust the angle/ point of view, need to recreate a new 3d doc ?  Again, not sure i have time for that... 

thanks

m

Archicad 25 - 5010

Thanks, i saw that, same thing on my site...  

Archicad 25 - 5010