BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D Detail level of cabinets

Rogan Duffy
Participant

Hi Guys. I am hoping someone can assist me with a simply query regarding to the 3D Representation of Cabinet Knobs and Taps. I was able to view them yesterday but today they are unfortunately missing. I have checked the MVO settings and confirmed that the items are indicated to be visible in 3d and also tried to amend the individual component settings to Full 3D Detail Level but alas neither option works. Can someone point out the simple step I am sure I am overlooking? Many thanks. Rogan

3 REPLIES 3
Liamthanks
Booster

Hi Rogan,

What object are you using? Are you able to also upload a screenshot of the 3D view in question?

AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM

Hi there.

I am using the standard Archicad 24 Kitchen cabinet objects. below you'll see a snapshot from today and a render from 2 days ago which had the knobs visible. There is also a problem with kitchen sink I inserted which is not showing the tap. My sense is that it must be the MVO settings, but even if the objects are changed to override the MVO and display Full 3d detail, the elements remain invisible in 3d. I can see them in 2D however. I have tried all combinations of renovation settings and MVO's with no change to the current view, so I am not sure what I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

Rogan

image 1.pngImage 2.png
Liamthanks
Booster

Alright, so I had a play around with the object and I think I've worked it out. It's not an object I use at all, but having a look at some of the Model View Options, I noticed one representing accessories and turning that on makes the handles appear. Let me know if that resolves your problem?

Liamthanks_0-1634801702075.png   

Liamthanks_1-1634801725292.png   

Liamthanks_2-1634801740707.png

AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM
Learn and get certified!