Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D Models in Google Earth.

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have been busy perfecting the import of 3D models into Google Earth.

We have launched a new website showcasing some of this work, called ZNO .. enjoy.

All models have been created in ArchiCAD9 and exported via SketchUp5 to Google Earth.

Does anyone know if ArchiCAD is working on a direct export of KML files??
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Jason,

I am glad to inform you that the native ArchiCAD 9 compatible Google Earth add-on is available for download. Although, it is still in beta phase, we would like to share it with you, and ask for your contribution in the testing and evaluation process. Please, feel free to share your thoughts either in this thread or in a personal message. All comments are welcome, I am eager to get your feedback how we can make this tiny add-on as useful as possible.

Usage:
The Google Earth – ArchiCAD data exchange is quite similar to Sketchup:

- Download the attached GE.zip and unpack it.

- Backup and then replace the “jack.dll” file in your ArchiCAD 9 folder and copy the “Google Earth In-Out.apx” under the [Add-Ons\Import-Export] folder.

- Download and install the latest Google Earth program (http://earth.google.com)

- Create Google Earth placemarks, polygons, or paths. (Polygons and paths can be generated from Google Earth Plus or Pro) and export them.

- In ArchiCAD you can either open or merge the Google Earth KMZ/KML file.

- Once you have positioned your model, switch to 3D view and save your work into Google Earth format.

It’s quite simple, isn’t it?

Note: Macintosh platform is not supported yet, but we will soon release the compatible version.
schagemann
Enthusiast
great idea - please let us know when the mac version is available.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
genarch
Enthusiast
A new release of ArchiCAD (from 9 to 10) and over a year later and still no Mac version of the Google Earth export? WHY? Mac users like Google Earth, too.
Mac OSX 11.6.8

AC26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I do know that it's built-in to AC11.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
...as a separate download.

Cheers,
Link.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Ahh -- I had not read the fine print. I was told at the presentation in San Antonio that this feature was "built-in" (GS's words).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5