Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D Styles

Jeff Kogut
Booster
I've started working on a .pln file that has a different 3D style than I'm used to and I'm not sure how to get it to look the way I want. I'm used to working in a color 3d model and all the default 3D styles are pretty chunky or black and white.

The 3D Style 'OpenGL Shading with Contours' with the color image is what I want. It looks like that was pulled forward from AC19 to AC20 and then continued in our AC21/AC22/AC23 template, hence why I'm used to seeing this.

The file I'm working with now was maybe started with a vanilla AC22 template (?) that didn't recreate our normal 3D Style. It's the gray shaded version and the 3D Styles dialogue did not initially have the option for 'OpenGL Shading with Contours' so I exported from one of our projects and imported it (using the highlighted buttons) to the gray shaded file. But this seems to have no effect.

Any ideas how I can solve this?
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
1 REPLY 1
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Solved!

I was finally able to get in touch with the original drafter of this job. They created two libraries that can be swapped out for each other - one with B&W .jpg files of the textures and another with color .jpg files!
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590