Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D cutting plane problem! NEED HELP FAST!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I need help fast if anyone can help! I'm trying to create a 3D section using the 3D cutting plane option in AchiCAD 10. Only problem is that I can barely see my building in the dialog window. Is there anyway that i can fix this? Any suggestions will help. I placed a screen shot of what I'm seeing to help explain my situation! I need to fix this soon because I have to generate a few 3D section for a review this week!
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The 3D Cutting Planes preview is based on what is in your 3D window. Select just the elements you want to cut through, either before you enter or while you are in the 3D window. Then (right click) select 'Show Selection/Marquee in 3D'. Now if you go to set your Cutting Planes, it should preview just your selection.

Now if only the Navigator Preview could be updated the same way!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did what you had said and It didn't work. . I selected my 3D model, right clicked and selected "Show Selection/ Marquee in 3D", opened the 3d cutting planes window and I still couldn't see my model. Anyways, I really appreciate your help and input.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In the floor plan window, try it again by placing a (thick) marquee around the area instead of selecting it, just in case you have a distant element grouped.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried doing the thick marquee and it is still displaying the same thing as before. I don't know what is wrong. I have the Educational version of ArchiCAD 10 if that helps explain anything. Thanks again for your response!
Erika Epstein
Booster
right click and choose the option to show selection/marquee.
The default in AC10 shows everything
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did that perviously when I tried the thick marquee.
Djordje
Ace
Where is your origin?

Are there any pieces floating far away?

How does the 3D look when you zoom to extents in axonometric view?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
My origin is in the center of my building, I didn't find any floating objects, and the 3D model in axon looks fine when I zoom.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Place a camera and open its view (explained recently in another thread in this forum). This should give you a good 3D perspective view. Then place the cutting plane.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1