Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D view placed on layout is blank

canvea
Booster
Hi,
I have a problem with 3d views showing up as white/blank when placed on a layout. I have tried Fit frame to Drawing, Full Precision Preview etc and they are on Auto-update. If I right-click and pick "Open source view" it looks just as it should in the 3D window. They also appear blank when I publish, which is a big problem. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for any response!

Archicad 23, Windows 10 Pro, graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro P4000
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
38 REPLIES 38
Miha_M
Advisor
I once had a problem just like this one.
For some strange reason, without my interaction, the drawing's layer visibility had been changed to hidden.
Even after changing the layer to visible the publisher resulted in empty layouts. My solution was moving all drawings to the default Archicad layer, which is always on.

I hope your solution could be that simple.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Lingwisyer
Guru
Check the Colour Setting in the Drawing Tool.

Not sure about being blank on publish... are you able to share the file, or a cut down file where the problem persists?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
canvea
Booster
I discovered my desktop background also had issues (it was black, only displaying the photo behind the activated desktop icons), then I opened Task Manager and restarted Windows Explorer and voilá! Now the views are displayed correctly. So it seems there was an issue with my computer somehow.
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Lingwisyer
Guru
Update your graphics drivers?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
canvea
Booster
Lingwisyer wrote:
I did that as well, but it didn't work until I restarted Windows Explorer.
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Having a similar issue on Mac. In a teamwork file, I am able to see the 3D views in the layout, but two others are not on the same layout. Will check graphics cards, but any other ideas?
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like a persisting bug in Archicad. Archicad 24 on Windows 10 had exactly the same issue. Restarting Archicad helped.
canvea wrote:
Lingwisyer wrote:
I did that as well, but it didn't work until I restarted Windows Explorer.
4dProof
Advisor

this is apparently one of those "forever bugs" that we are just going to have to deal with, I guess. It's been an issue for as long as we've been able to place 3d views onto layouts. I hear all the responses deflecting this to an OS problem, but I can recreate it randomly on several computers. So far, the only solution I have found is to restart the computer, try again, then restart again, then try again, then duplicate or save as and open that file and try again, then throw my computer through the window out of pure rage and kick the wall until my toe hurts and I forget about my frustrations for a hot second... then go buy a new computer and repeat until it works again.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

I think the randomly self-altering layout book layer combo is another bug all together. The OP is talking about the drawing's contents showing blank. If you "open source view", the 3d looks right, but won't show on the layout within the drawing frame.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2