BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

3Dconnexion Space mouse

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yesterday the Bimx desktop version was updated to the new one and I regret to say that my 3dconnexion Space mouse for laptop with the latest macOS BigSur driver does not work with this update BimX.
6 REPLIES 6
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Did it used to work with previous BIMx versions? Just curious, as I've never actually tried using it with BIMx.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, it did not work with the previous version. It was supposed to work with the new version (as reported by Graphisoft in the help menu), but it doesn't work.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Pawel,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

With your report, we found out that there seems to be a bug in the latest BIMx Desktop application. To help with the investigation, could you send a Feedback through the BIMx app? The technical detail in the Feedback will be very helpful for us to fix it in a future update.

Thank you very much for your help, and we are looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Pawel,

It turned out that 3DConnexion did not issue a driver compatible with Big Sur yet. As of today, they have just released a beta driver supporting Big Sur. Could you give it a try here and please let us know if it works?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed the indicated driver, unfortunately BIMx still does not work.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Pawel,

Thank you for the answer, that is very sad to hear!

For further investigation, the Feedback sending from the app would be the most useful for us. As we notice that we haven't received your feedback sent inside the app yet, I'm wondering if you could help us to send one with the issue description? That would greatly help us to understand the situation.
Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this function. Thank you very much and we are looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT