BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3d model rising out of architectural floor plan.....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive always thought it would be a neat presentation technique to have model or partial model rising out of "the architectural floor plan"

Has anyone had any success in doing this.
Would they like to share the end result and how they did it?

Thanks again.
17 REPLIES 17
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Dwight,

Not sure which object you're referring to.... but

1. Save BUILDING model as GSM (BINARY will work better)
2. Add Parameter | Real Number | FrameGrowth
3. Insert into 3d Script at the beginning.

IF GLOB_FRAME_NR > .00001 THEN mulz (GLOB_FRAME_NR-GLOB_START_FRAME)*FrameGrowth

Should be that simple...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
Great that the bug is fixed in 12, Duane! I just opened the test project that was filed with the bug report a year ago to confirm the bug fix - which you demonstrate too.

Here's the old thread just to link it to this one:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19882

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This looks extremely impresive!
2 VFRONTIERS: could u please give some more explanations on the technique for "not so pro" who tried annimation just once... What is "multiplier" and what makes invisible object move up?
Thnx a lot.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
The object is SCRIPTED to add a certain distance EACH TIME THE RENDERING increases 1 frame. So you will need to check the box ... REBUILD MODEL FOR EACH FRAME in the CREATE FLYTHROUGH dialog box.

The object becomes INVISIBLE by placing it on a LAYER that has been set to WIREFRAME. This is done in the LAYER DIALOG box by checking the the extruded polygon looking icon. It will change from filled in to empty showing that it is wireframe. You will be able to see the objects on this layer in the 3d window, but NOT in the rendering.

Hope this helps...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane,
I tried your techniqie but with every try of pasting the line into object's script and rendering it I get error massage (see JPG), although the object says "3d script is OK!" after pasting the expression.
What am I possibly doing wrong?
Thanks
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Did you save your DETACHED HOUSE as a BINARY GDL object? If not, you should... If you did and it still gives this error, it's probably a door or window and will probably render fine, just turn off error reporting...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Dwight
Newcomer
I looked up the object that animates an object.
It has three settings - shown below is "rubber" - also "Growth" and "Construction"

The original file is SO_Animation.PLA containing several useful animated objects. It dates from 1999.

Whose is it? Is it commercial? Can we distribute it?

Click the image to see the animation....
sweep-rubber.gif
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
Whose is it?
I have a vague memory that it was DNC's. Not sure at all though.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!