Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3rd party plot tracking software that works with archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
people tell me to use our OCE or HP plotter software to keep track of plots. problem is our plotters dont have the tracking software installed and i dont want to pay $1000 to install it. i've tried other software but all it says when it tries to log a plot from archicad is the following: plotting from archicad, and then nothing shows up in the log software. is this because arhicad used the windows driver for plotting??? i thought i read that somewhere. PLEASE!!!! i need help..thanks
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD comes with a cute little utility called PlotFlow which as I recall has some rudimentary reporting features. I think someone once wrote a little utility to work with PlotFlow to enhance the reports but I don't recall any details now.

The way it works is you designate a spool folder and PlotFlow will automatically send any plot files dropped in there to the plotter. What I used to do was plot to a project plot files folder (for archival purposes) and then drag and drop copies into the spool folder.

It might be possible (if you're on Macs) to set up a folder script with Automater to assist (or require) the logging process.