Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

8.1 project reviewer question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was curious. . .
Have any of you that have received 8.1 tried the project reviewer on a web based environ? I am VERY interested to see if G$ got their little JAVA bug fixed that allowed FTP uploading with the redline process.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
chad.lawson wrote:
I am VERY interested to see if G$ got their little JAVA bug fixed that allowed FTP uploading with the redline process.
I was wondering what Java bug you are talking about? The upload always worked only in Internet Explorer on Windows AFAIK. I haven't encountered a bug there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I haven't received 8.1 yet, but I do have a simple work around for 8.0 to publish a project to an ftp site. Email me for details.
Richard Borden
Djordje
Ace
rborden wrote:
Hi,
I haven't received 8.1 yet, but I do have a simple work around for 8.0 to publish a project to an ftp site. Email me for details.
Richard, post it here; then I will fix it in the Tips&Tricks.

The Tip of the Month awards are still on ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh. I know the workaround. I just wanted a simple interface, for the more simpleminded
There are a lot of people out there that still don't even know how to include an attachment in an e-mail I think that if I showed some of those clients the workaround, I'd hear this whistling sound, and then their brain would pop.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me rephrase. . .
AFTER I have uploaded the reviewer files to a domain (WEB), my clients are having trouble uploading the modified .dwf files. The current solution is make the changes from the web interface, save them locally, then e-mail them back to me. This isn't too dificult, but there are quite a few people out there that still have trouble including attachments in an e-mail. . . I was mainly curious if they have fixed that small java script error in the reviewer in 8.1.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
chad.lawson wrote:
Let me rephrase. . .
AFTER I have uploaded the reviewer files to a domain (WEB), my clients are having trouble uploading the modified .dwf files. The current solution is make the changes from the web interface, save them locally, then e-mail them back to me. This isn't too dificult, but there are quite a few people out there that still have trouble including attachments in an e-mail. . . I was mainly curious if they have fixed that small java script error in the reviewer in 8.1.
Chad.
I've taken it upon myself to help you out with your publisher question Follow the link and play as much as you like..
http://w1.462.telia.com/~u46222877/Pub_Test/ReviewerWinDL.htm
Check your PM for the password when you do an upload of the redline files..
I tested quickly and it seemed to work fine. BTW I'm using a PC. I tried on my MAC yesterday,OS 10.2.8 I keept getting a fatal error message when ArchiCAD tried to FTP over the project
I'm using ArchiCAD 8.1 R1 just if you are wondering.

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
eldhead
Newcomer
Is the e-mail option really working? Am I supposed to fill in my mail.server.com + username + password every single time?
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
so far. . .that's the general idea (I hope that the e-mail portion of it changes as well; however the ability to FTP will be SOOO much better!!!)

EDIT: Wow Ben!! It actually works. Is there anywhere that I could get ahold of the new reviewer? Or is this the version included in 8.1?
Djordje
Ace
chad.lawson wrote:
so far. . .that's the general idea (I hope that the e-mail portion of it changes as well; however the ability to FTP will be SOOO much better!!!)

EDIT: Wow Ben!! It actually works. Is there anywhere that I could get ahold of the new reviewer? Or is this the version included in 8.1?
Chad,

Can you please quote? It is rather hard to follow your messages.

Thanks,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen