Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

A thing such as white

Dwight
Newcomer
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS WHITE!!!!!!![/size]
Dwight Atkinson
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
__archiben
Booster
technically or culturally?
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
or ELECTRONICALLY?!?!?!
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
It is just a constant frustration that architects are so blind to lighting and the real colors of things around them. What with photography magazines, architectural magazines and Photoshop with which to sample digital colors, you'd think it would be easier to emulate photorealism.

For instance:

- the continued insistence that sunlight and ambient light is white because that is Graphisoft's default, when in reality a guy working in a basement who obviously knows nothing about illustration did the set up. He's obviously never been to Los Angeles with its brown and purple lighting.

- that the idiotic camera light is enabled even though it leads to amateur flash-on-camera glare but the guy who set that in the default thinks it is valid because he has a flash on HIS camera. Amateur.

- that Archicad users who have the power to control environments select glaring, scalded whiteness for walls when they can't decide on a color scheme - even a temporary one. So we continue to see vacuous greyness and scalloped light shadows because Graphisoft never put any roughness in the default surfaces.

-that one can still find black soffits in Graphisoft documents.

- aaaargh.
Dwight Atkinson
stefan
Expert
It makes at least room to write a book about... nicely colored on bright white paper...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Dwight
Newcomer
only 92% white:
makes those pages really light grey.
No such thing as white.
Nope.
Dwight Atkinson