Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

A3 Paper Quality?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've been looking into improving the overall quality of my prints from PDF. My Printer. Epson R2880 is a high-end professional photo printer and it uses 3 types of black ink for excellent gradation.

The paper is use if from Staples (office superstore) and cost £11 for 500 sheets, 80/gsm weight, white. I'm wondering if I invest in better quality paper i.e. thicker and heavier will my lines look crisper.

Upon taking down some exhibition work at University, I noticed that some students had printer their work on Semi-gloss photo paper. Now, to me that seems a bit odd for plain black lines (plans), but the quality was there.

Does anybody know of a brand/supplier of high quality A3 paper (sheet is preferred but I can also use a roll)

Thank You
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried HP's Bright White?
It's a coated paper without the gloss look.
Works perfect for me.
I don't like using the gloss paper, it looks
funny to me for non photos.

lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've spoke to Epson (they have a live online chat) and they suggested Epson Archival Matte Paper. It much heavier than what I'm using and should make the K3 Ink appear better on paper.

It can be found towards the bottom of this page Epson Paper

It's around £35 for 50 A3 sheets which is 300x more than what I paid for my current 'cheap' paper (£10 for 500 sheets!)

I really want a quality print though; this printer is the best in its league and has superior ink technology. I could always use the cheaper paper for development work, then use more expensive for pin-up and presentation etc.

I will take a look at HP too. (Epson said the Archival Matte paper is also bright white, unlike their premium glossy which is slightly off-white)