Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC 13 - automatic dimensioning problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

I have a problem with AC 13 Automatic Dimensionig. everything worked fine in AC 12, but now in AC 13 I can not get automatic dimensioning to dimension proper window opening (if I set windows with oversize- see attached picture). Orange dimensions are made manualy with the correct wall opening, blue dimensions are automaticly created exterior dimensions.

Does enyone know what the problem is? I tryed to check all of the settings (Nominal Size, Wallhole Size, Reveal Size, Unit Site), but nothing I do seems to make any difference- I always get the same value- window size.

Regards.
MateJ B
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
On the door and window settings box> window/door size settings tab
the radio button needs to be on 'Unit Size' .
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, it still doesn't work. Basicly notning I do seems to make any changes. It never reads the exact opening in the wall (window width + oversize) but always only the window width.

Is there anything else I can try?
Erika Epstein
Booster
It works for me.

If you have the auto-dimensioning set to read the UNIT SIZE
it will read the unit size of the door/window settings box.
In the door/window settings box, the auto dimensioning will read the unit size.

Post a screen shot of your door and window settings box.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where do you set up auto-dimensioning? Do you mean when you choose Nominal Size, Wallhole Size, Reveal Size, Unit Site?

Where in the door/window settings box is the auto dimensioning setup. I can't find it. I will post you my window/doors settings box later, because I don't have AC on this computer.

Thanky you for you efford!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Matej,

There are 2 diaglogue boxes where you want to coordinate the settings.
One is the Auto-dimenisioning (Document>Document Extras> Automatic Dimensioning) and the other is in the Settings box of the door or window itself.

See the following screen shots.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
Here the unit dimension of the windows is the one we want to show in the auto dimension so there we had selected UNIT dimension.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
The door dimension shows the UNIT size of 3'-4", but I would rather it show the door PANEL dimension of 3'-0"
Auto-dimension 3.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
Finally, I change the auto dimensioning for the doors to read the PANEL size.

alternatively I could have changed the UNIT size of the door to 3'-0". You need to think through when using the auto dimensioning, which dimension, the UNIT or the PANEL etc will be the most commonly correct size. If there are a few doors or windows that are not typical, then you can change the dimension string manually after setting the auto dimensioning.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Erica... Sorry for the late reply but I was out of town.

I don't know if we undersood eachother. I wan't my dimensions to show opening in the wall with oversize- that is the extra opening in the wall for easyer mounting of the window. For example if my window is exactly 1,00m wide, and I set the oversize to 0,01m than the correct dimension should be 1,01m (window width + oversize). But now I always get 1,00m if I set the oversize or not.

It's the opening in the wall I wan't to measure. This worked perfectly in AC12 and I'm starting to think that there is a bug in AC13.

Can you please try if this works in your AC.

Thanks!!!