BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC 14 Print vs. publish problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
So normally I set up the publisher to create my PDFs in the normal way. I'll create a publisher set the publish the PDfs. But when time is short or I'm just doing a quick thing I'll create the layouts then just us File/Page set up and File/Print to PDFs to save a bit of time... No big deal until 14. If I set up the publisher set and publish to PDFs the margins are fine but if I File/Print to PDFs then for whatever reason the page content gets shoved down on the page as if the bottom margin goes away cutting off the bottom say 1/4" of my page content...

This problem seems really familiar to me, like it happened in previous release..

any ideas?

thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
See:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/CannotSavePdfAfterJavaUpdate

Any relation to your situation? Patches downloadable from that page.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
See:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/CannotSavePdfAfterJavaUpdate

Any relation to your situation? Patches downloadable from that page.

Haven't done the latest java update and we are still 10.5.8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I have the same exact problem. We are using AC14 on a MAC w/ hotfix 2 (3477) installed.

Attached is a small portion of our document that shows the cropping at the bottom of the page.

I also tried Saving in PDF and Printing it in Publisher. Saving through PDF will give me the undesired cropping meanwhile it works fine if i print it out.

I also tried saving a single page as a pdf from the layout book and it looks ok, however when i try publishing in pdf i get the cropping as well.

Regards
anyari
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Steve, Da_RoCk,

In the File/Page setup dialog "any printer" is set by default.
That's why the layout sheet fits to page only with a size of 99%, when using printer margin.
If one switches to layout margin: the page fits at 100%, but a red line appears on the bottom of the page showing that it will be cropped: in this case, printer margin overrides layout margin's setting when printing (or saving PDF from this dialog) as a printer margin cannot be smaller than given.
I guess that might be the reason of your cropping problems. Could you confirm please?
Solution I found is to set another printer in Page Setup, so that not 'any printer' is there.

Anyway, creating PDF in the File/Save as... dialog has no issues like this.

Publisher also uses the mentioned methods.

Best regards,
Attila Nyari
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!