Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC 19 Library - Doors not showing glass in renderings

G Ahern
Newcomer
I am using AC19, Build 9001 w/ Windows 10/64bit - Archicad 19 Library

Recently, It seems that when I am selecting/ placing doors they render in a uniform single material (almost like white board effect). I cannot differentiate finish materials, i.e., add glass panels, frame materials, etc..
This is happening across the board with all doors (interior & exterior).

Windows all render as normal with glass, etc.

This just seems isolated to the doors..

Under "Check for Update", it says my program and library are up to date.

I have tried to play with the Default Door Settings without any success.

Am I crazy, or is there a simple fix for this?
Gary J Ahern, AIA
AC 19 - Windows 10(64 bit)
Dell Precision M6800

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION! It comes bundled with the software.

Focal Point Design
1150 El Camino Real, #200
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 326-2800 phone

www.garyahern.com
9 REPLIES 9
Hi Gary,
If you go to the 3D window settings dialog box, is "Transparency" checked? https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/intuitiveness/archicad-19-new-features-updated-and...
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
G Ahern
Newcomer
Richard.

Transparency is checked.. Did not think that could be it. The 'glass' works on the windows.
It is just the doors that seem to be locked in white board effect mode. cannot change any of the material attributes.

I still get a kick out of the fact, that I throw this question out to the entire world, and my only response is from 3 blocks away!
Gary J Ahern, AIA
Dell Precision M6800

Focal Point Design
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 326-2800 phone

www.garyahern.com
Well, we Peninsula architects need to look out for each other.

Next thing to look at is under "Model Attributes" settings -- has "Uniform Door Surfaces" been checked? If so, uncheck that.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
G Ahern
Newcomer
Did that ... nothing happens
The only thing I can correlate this to, is I did (against my better judgement ) finally download and update the files AC kept asking me to do...
Gary J Ahern, AIA
Dell Precision M6800

Focal Point Design
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 326-2800 phone

www.garyahern.com
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
I recall another user came to me with the same problem. It turned out that there was a hidden setting in the door to override surfaces that had to be turned off.

Go to Options menu > Work Environment > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes and select the Door Tool, then turn on the "Model" panel (click the eyeball) and click OK.

Then in your door settings dialog, you'll see the Model panel visible and may need to turn off the Override Surfaces option - see screenshot.

The Override Surfaces setting is a legacy option that is not needed for recent library parts; it's better to use the "Uniform Door Surfaces" instead, which is smart enough to leave the glass surfaces alone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Was this ever solved? I am having the same issue in ArchiCAD22. I followed the recommendations below and more... still not seeing my glass Doors. Might have to use Windows instead, becasue it's taking me too long to figure out. Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it. Typically I find my solution, just after I post question to the ArchiCAD forum.

What worked for me was toggling Door Settings. Under 'Model Attributes' I changed the 3D Detail Level from MVO to Full. If that doesn't work, try toggling between others, like 'Simplified'. Press ok, go back into Settings and change to Full.

Once again, my windows worked fine and this was just an issue for my Doors w/ glass. Hope this helps someone down the road.
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
When you have the 3D Detail Level for library components (including doors and windows) set to MVO, then it allows these parts to change their modeling style based on the Model View Options set in your View (or changed manually). In larger projects, this allows turning off extra detail that might bog down model regeneration (such as door knobs); in projects of all sizes it allows changes in representation (e.g. showing a simplified schematic model rather than a detailed version).

The problem comes about when a user (like yourself) is unaware of how the MVO settings are controlling the detail level - AND - when the MVO is set to show a lower level of detail than is expected. Then it's very frustrating because it isn't obvious why the setting shown in the library part preview is not seen in the 3D window.

I've seen this come about in ARCHICAD 22 when people migrate an older project; the MVO are set differently in the new version than in previous versions, and doors will lose their glazing pattern.

In most cases, I recommend keeping the "by MVO" setting however changing the View Setting to use an MVO variation with higher detail, or simply changing the definition of the MVO that is in use for most of the Views to turn on a higher level of detail. That way the library parts are still able to be controlled by the MVO, but in 3D for most contexts the doors show a reasonable level of detail.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for this Eric,
I have had this problem for over 6 months and have been using work-arounds by using a window in place of doors for renderings and exporting to Twinmotion.

I have no idea how that toggle was changed in my work environment (some transition from AC 21-22 or 22-23).

Thanks again,

Brandon Daigle