BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC 20 Interior elevations

Erich
Contributor
In AC 19 the folder (or whatever you actually call it) automatically created for each interior elevation marker (created individually for each elevation) would pickup the auto text from the zone in which it was placed. In AC 20 it seems that the viewpoint will pick up that information but the folder it resides in does not.

Is anyone else getting this behavior?

Attached is a screen shot with an AC19 project and an AC20 template side by side.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It seems to me that you are comparing the Project Map in AC20 to the View Map in AC19.
Works for me fine in AC20.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erich
Contributor
Lastly,
Nope this screen shot is of the View Map in both cases. The interior elevation marker is entirely within the zone an the View ID and Name are both set to be By Project Map but the view folder only shows the auto text criteria not the proper auto text. It is the same in the project map for what it is worth.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The View Map in ARCHICAD 20 has blue icons.
The Project Map has black icons. I think it is the Project Map in AC20.
(Just like the Project Map in AC19 had orange icons, while the View Map had yellow icons.)
Erich
Contributor
Laszlo,
Sorry, you are correct the image is of the project map in AC 20 and the view map in AC 19. I had not noticed the color change yet as I was paying attention to other aspects. Thanks for pointing that out.

However, the issue remains. In AC19 the folder containing the interior elevation(s) would pick up the auto text criteria in both the view and project maps. However in AC 20 the folder containing the interior elevations in both the project and view maps display the criteria for the auto text rather than the result. If this isn't a setting I have missed somewhere, it seems like a bug.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post the steps you have done to create this problem?
I think in my example I cloned those folders and that way there was no problem.
latecia
Participant
Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I am using AC22, yesterday both my view map and my project and the drawings in the layout book were reading the auto text from the interior elevation markers which I set to read <OrientationShort> <ZoneName> - <ZoneNumber>, and I somehow messed them up.

Today they are only reading the correct <OrientationShort> and not picking up the <ZoneName> - <ZoneNumber>. I can't seem to find how to get them to associate again with the zones they are in...
Latecia Herzog
Myers Anderson

Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700t CPU @ 2.9 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P3000 6.14GB GDDR5
Duel Monitors: Dell P2417H
User Since: 1999 v6.0
ArchiCAD 22 (7000 USA Full)
M Cochran
Booster
I have found that to force an Interior Elevation to read the zone, you need to manually edit the extents of the interior elevation. Stretch both ends of the interior elevation, so that it is completely inside the room, but not touching walls. Then stretch the ends back to where they were. Most of the time this will update the zone information it is pulling from.

If that doesn't work, try setting the Horizontal Range to Limited. The distance line you then get on the floor plan can be pulled back to the inside face of the wall, and now it should all be within the zone.
Margaret Cochran - BIM Manager,Technical Designer
ARCHICAD 7-23
HP ZBook 17, Windows 10
Learn and get certified!