Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC 24 when does 21 = 20. When labelling Stair Flights

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I was trying to use a Label to save me counting how many risers are in a Stair flight and discovered if you label it to show the toatl number of risers per flight it says in this case 9 : 11 total therefore = 20

Whereas if you label a Stair with the total number of Risers it says 21

The correct answer is the first flight has 10 risers and the second flight has 11 which is a total of 21

Me thinks sometimes ArchiCAD can't count!
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Labeling the risers in a flight does not include the risers in the landing.
Where as the risers in a stair includes them all.
Same when you are scheduling.

I don't think you can label/schedule the risers in a landing though - although I have not had a good look at this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Seems a bit daft that.

Its modelled as a dog leg stair so the landing is part of the Stair, I don't see why it shouldn't count the risers per stair flight. You wouldn't say to the fabricator its a two flight stair one flight with 9 Risers and the other flight with 11 and oh yeah the Landing has one riser.

Which riser is counted as part of the Landing? The one going up or the one coming down?

Ah well I won't be using that bit of Autotext thats for sure
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Barry Kelly
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Seems a bit daft that.

Its modelled as a dog leg stair so the landing is part of the Stair, I don't see why it shouldn't count the risers per stair flight. You wouldn't say to the fabricator its a two flight stair one flight with 9 Risers and the other flight with 11 and oh yeah the Landing has one riser.

Which riser is counted as part of the Landing? The one going up or the one coming down?

Ah well I won't be using that bit of Autotext thats for sure

I totally agree it is a bit silly.
I would say the riser on the bottom flight is the one that belongs to the landing (it is a different colour in your image).
I would expect that it be counted with the landing - especially when you have a flat landing as in your image - to me that is the same as having a floor at that level.

If Archicad can count treads/risers in flights, it should also be able to count them in landings and winders (I am pretty sure it can't do this).
At least we can do it for the entire stair.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I didn't know it could count per flight. I still think you an only set the total number for a stair with a landing in the settings. Odd!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5