Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC10 Importing Pen sets from LBK files. Can it be done?

Chazz
Enthusiast
In version 9, I used color pens in AC and mapped them to black & white + grey pens in PlotMaker. This allowed me to view drawings in color but have ultimate control of the line weights and densities when printing/plotting. However, there appears to be no way to use Attribute Manager to load these pen sets into AC10. Does anyone have any ideas? Any work arounds?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
Open the LBK in AC10. Archicad will create a pen set for each different collections it finds. Then you can export them as Attribute Files.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just so there's no confusion; Tom means the LBK (N is right next to B on the keyboard). Most people would catch this but when I first looked at it I thought, "What link file?"
Chazz
Enthusiast
Matthew wrote:
Just so there's no confusion; Tom means the LBK...
Thanks Matthew....Yeah, at first I was thinking Link too, then I wised up.

Tom, thanks SO MUCH. Very straightforward and I'm a little embarrassed I didn't see it sooner. I'm starting new projects rather than converting old ones so I've not gone through the whole migration process yet. You Rock!

All in all, I'm surprised at how long it's taken me to adapt to the new AC10 workflow. It makes me worried I'm getting too old to be taught new tricks. After a few days working on 10, I'm still needing to consult the Help menu frequently (and reading ArchiTalk daily --what a blessed resource). Not so with previous upgrades. Those were easy and straightforward, fixing obvious shortcomings. Still, there is much to be gained from this effort --there is real power under the hood here. Thanks to the early settlers who are talking the arrows and sharing the fruits of their exploration (can you say mixed metaphor?.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current